Terms and Conditions for Greystones Guest House
Deposits: A deposit of £50 per room is required on booking except single night bookings when the full amount is taken. We accept most major credit and debit cards, rooms are not reserved without a deposit.
Cancellation: Should you choose to cancel your booking please notify us immediately. We will endeavour to re-let the room/s on your behalf. If we are successful you will be refunded your deposit/s minus 25% administration fee. No refund will be given for anything less than 7 days notice.
Balance: The balance payable for your stay at Greystones must be settled upon departure.
Checking in and out: Your room will be available from 4pm on the day of your arrival, if for any reason you need to be here earlier please contact us so we can make arrangements.
No check in after 10pm at night.
Please vacate your room by no later than 11.00am on day of departure.
Should you require a later check out please contact reception, we will try to accommodate your request. The latest a room can be made available is 2.00pm. A charge of £25 applies to any room still occupied after 11.00am
Breakfast: Served between 8.00am & 9.30am. (from 7.30 during summer or by request)
Single Saturdays: Due to the nature of our small business we reserve the right not to accept single Saturday night bookings more than 48 hour in advance.
Early departure: No reduction will be made if you choose to cut short your pre- arranged stay.
Car parking: Please Park within the bays provided, any vehicle larger that the pre-marked bays may have to use street parking. At busy times it may be necessary to double park, keys for any vehicle double parked must be left at reception.
Parking in our car park is at your own risk.
Damage: Any damage to property or loss of property belonging to Greystones guesthouse will be charged for, as will excess cleaning & dry cleaning due to spillages of food, beverages or other (minimum £25)
Access Statement for Greystones Guesthouse, Keswick
Greystones is a Victorian Town House built in 1863 out of local Honister stone. The house is built in typical Victorian fashion being five stories high. Although we aim to meet the needs of all our guests the style in which the house was built may make access difficult for people with limited mobility and as we have no ground floor bedrooms or room to install a lift, regrettably wheelchair access is not possible.
Formally known as St. John’s Terrace, now Ambleside Road, it is a quiet residential area with St. John’s Church to the front. Some rooms having views of Walla Crag or Grisdale Pike & some with views of Skiddaw, Latrigg & Blencathra.
- Easy access by car from A66 or through the Lakes A591
- We are a 10 minute walk from the Bus station where you will also find the Taxi rank and local Supermarket.
- A Taxi freephone can be found inside the Supermarket foyer
- The nearest Railway Station is Penrith which is approximately 18 miles away
- Buses run between Penrith & Keswick every hour. Every half hour at busy times
- Town centre, shops, cafes and restaurants are a 3 minute walk from Greystones
- Derwent water and Theatre by the Lake are a 5 minute walk
- As we have no rooms suitable for families we can not accommodate children under 12 years of age.
- We do not accept pets.
- Brochures and Breakfast menu can be provided in large print on request. We regret we do not have facilities to prepare documents in Braille.
- Our website www.greystoneskeswick.co.uk provides pictures of our accommodation and further information.
- You can contact us by telephone, email, text or fax. Please see contact information section of this document for full details.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- To ensure your accommodation is ready and that someone will be here to greet you we ask that guests do not arrive before 4pm. Earlier arrival may be possible by arrangement.
- Parking is on a level tarmac surface behind the house, at busy times it may be necessary to double park.
- Entry to the guesthouse is approx. 25 metres up a gradual slope onto Ambleside road with a small step up of 100mm onto the pavement.
- We offer assistance with luggage.
Main Entrance & Reception
- From the pavement a step of 200mm high and 900mm wide up into the front garden which is made of crazy paving, from here a flat walk to the front porch which has two steps 150mm high and 900mm wide.
- Once inside the porch, the inner door is always kept locked but we have a press door bell.
Public Areas – General (Internal)
- The hallway 1.6 meters wide leads into a guest lounge on the right with dining room immediately next door.
- Guests are welcome to use the lounge area at any time.
- At the end of the hall there are two steps of 120mm down to the reception desk.
- The covering on the stairs and upstairs corridors is fitted short pile carpet
- There are 11 stairs to the 1st half landing then a further 7 to the 1st floor all steps are 175mm high, 280mm deep and 900mm wide with a wooden banister rail on the right.
- From the 1st floor there are 9 stairs to the 2nd half landing and a further 9 to the 2nd floor all steps are 175mm high, 280mm deep and 900mm wide with a wooden banister rail on the right.
- From the 2nd floor there are 14 stairs to the 3rd floor 200mm high, 200mm deep and 600mm wide with a wooden grab rail on the left. This flight of stairs is quite steep.
Public Areas & WC
- There is no public WC available.
- Breakfast is served in our Dining Room on the ground floor which is accessed from the Entrance Hall.
- The entry is level, door width 760mm
- There are 7 tables each seating 2 people
- Tables are 800mm long x 660mm wide and 700mm high with corner legs.
- Dining chairs are without arms
- Vegetarians are catered for on our breakfast menu
- Gluten free and other special diets can be catered for with prior notice.
- Laundry facilities are not available on the premises but there is a laundrette within a 5 min walk
- Nearest shop is “Open All Hours” 2 min. walk (small independent supermarket)
- A wide range of shops in the Town Centre 3 min walk.
- Keswick Leisure pool, Cinema, Theatre, Pubs, Cafe’s and Restaurants all within 5 min walk.
- Parks, Crazy Golf, Tennis, Cycle Hire, Boat Hire, Walking, Sailing, Fishing
- All bedrooms have en suite facilities with showers.
- Bedroom floors short pile fitted carpet. Bathroom floor fitted vinyl.
- Tea & Coffee, Wine glasses & Bottle opener, Hair dryers, Radio Alarms, TV’s
- Central heating. The temperature of each guest bedroom is controlled by thermostatic controls on each radiator.
- Synthetic filled duvets and pillows are used in all rooms
- Sheets and blankets can be supplied if preferred.
- Bedroom 1 (twin) Bedroom 2 ( double 4ft 6in ) First floor
- Bedroom 4, 5 & 6 Second floor ( all doubles 4ft 6ins )
- Bedroom 7 ( double 4ft 6in ) Bedroom 8 ( Twin ) Third floor
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
- Ensuites have generous sized shower enclosures, with Mira thermostatic shower valves and safety grab rails. Heated towel rails. Wash basins. Silent flush toilets. Shaver points. Extractor fans. Hair dryers.
Grounds and Gardens
- To the front of the house we have an area of paving with table and 4 x chairs also a garden seat by front door useful for taking walking boot off & on.
- Greystones has a fully installed fire alarm system with a continuous sounding alarm. Extinguishers are in the front hall and on each landing. Evacuation is via the front door.
- We are totally non smoking
- WiFi internet access
- We are happy to refrigerate any medication.
- Mobile phone reception is generally OK, but cannot always be found in the surrounding Fells
- A good selection of information on local attractions can be found in the entrance hall
- There is a folder in each bedroom with information on local places to eat, also town and area information.
Address: Greystones, Ambleside Road, Keswick,Cumbria CA12 4DP,
Telephone: 017687 73108, Fax: 017687 73108, Text: 07765275845,
Email: email@example.com, Website: www.greystoneskeswick.co.uk
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve. If you have any comments please phone 017687 73108 or email firstname.lastname@example.org